The deadline for the first round of CEF Professional Development and Innovation Grants for the 2016-17 academic year is October 13, 2016. Completed applications should be submitted directly to Superintendent Jim Shea. Click here to download the application for the CEF Professional Development Grant. Click here to download the application for the CEF Innovation Grant.
CEF grants have been established to enhance and promote exceptional teaching in Carlisle Public Schools, to encourage creativity and leadership in teachers and administrators, and to positively impact as many students as possible.
Goals for the program are:
- To encourage new and innovative programs which are consistent with the Carlisle Public School goals but beyond the scope of the regular school budget.
- To enhance and promote exceptional teaching in the Carlisle Public Schools
- To encourage creativity and leadership from teachers and administrators
- To support grants that impact a significant number of students
- To support professional development and innovative programs that have a lasting benefit on the Carlisle Public Schools – to empower the Carlisle education community to “think outside the box.”
Two types of grants are available: Professional Development Grants and Innovation Grants. Requests for Professional Development grants can include the following:
- Off-site professional workshops/training without students/conferences
- Visit other schools to observe “best practices”
- Guests lecturers for training in-services or training sessions
Requests for Innovation grants might include:
- New pilot academic programs
- Equipment, supplies, and materials necessary for implementation of new programs (CEF grants do NOT fund general classroom supplies)
- New technology enrichment for the school and students
Please remember that all grant applications need to be approved by the superintendent before CEF can consider them. If you would like to discuss the feasibility of an idea, please contact the CEF Grant Committee.